we made our own sushi!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boy and I LOVE sushi! But its so expensive! We had his sister and her fiance and another friend and we didnt really want to go out and make everyone spend that much money, so I went to a local fresh fish place and got some sushi grade tuna and salmon, then to the grocery store and got some cucumbers, avocados, cream cheese, sweet chili sauce, and we had the rice and paper. We ended up making 19 rolls total and spent about $40 total on the supplies! Super awesome! We figured it up to be worth around $160 or so at a restaurant, so I think we did a pretty darn good job!

It was super yummy! We are all stuffed! And we still have about 15 pieces left over!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! I make "sushi" all the time, but usually it's just a slice of avocado and some canned tuna slapped in the middle of some rice in a sheet of nori, LOL. I usually don't even cut it and just eat it like a hand roll. I've never gotten actual raw fish and made actual sushi. I wonder if any stores around here sell sushi-grade fish. . .

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a beautiful job!Looks absolutely yummy!I'm the only one to eat sushi in my house...not real crazy about salmon anyway but I am fond of tuna.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That really looks good! I'm not a big sushi fan, but I used to love the stuff a former student made.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks well made. I tried making maki sushi once and I think the knife was not sharp enough to make smooth rolls so it was a disaster. Ended up eating chirashi which is just rice with sashimi on top.