We have touching! Well almost!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Abby was laying on her favourite spot on the back of the couch. Katie was being miss cuddle bugs and climbing all over me trying to find the best spot to lay on top of me to get her cuddles. She finally settled on my shoulder next to my neck.

After a few minutes to moved to the back of the couch and when she settled down she was about 1 inch from Abby. Abby was facing the other way so she didn't see Katie.

Spencer not to be out cuddled, got up from the table and walked along the window ledge behind Abby. Abby saw him but didn't do anything. Then she looked at me and saw Katie. Her eyes got big and her head perked up, but she didn't move. Now in the meantime with Spencer there Katie decided that she just had to play, so she ran off with Spencer.

Abby is doing so well with them. She's taking a long time to warm up to them though. But at least she isn't beating them up and stalking them!!

I think it is only a matter of time before Abby starts to let them curl up near her for a nap, with Abby knowing that they're there.

She doesn't mind their scent. She uses their litter box, and today when I opened the carrier after bringing the kittens home from the Vet, Abby climbed in and had a nap.

I think they're just too active for her right now. Makes me even more happy that I adopted both of them, even though I can't tell them apart most of the time!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so good to hear!

I bet Abby is thinking "Well, since Mom brought them back again, I guess they're here to stay. I may as well try to like them."
I bet you'll have some inter-cuddling soon enough.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that Abby seems to like them. At least she didn't run away when she found out they were next to her.

To tell them apart give Katie a pink collar, and Spencer a blue collar. Or get Soft Paws in pink for Katie and blue for Spencer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like things are really going quite well.....they'll all be best friends soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they're all making a lot of progress! I think the three of them will get along lovely

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely happy progress. I see Cat Piles in your future.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Awww! That is wonderful!! I'm sure it won't be long before you have a pile of kitties napping together!
She is doing GREAT. I'm sure it's just all that kitten energy - and adopting them together was definitely the right thing to do!