We Got Kittys!

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're building in rural Maine in an effort to change our lifestyle in retirement years later. I went up this weekend to get the foundation guy going and pot up some apple trees. There's a pond out back somewhere and we decided to hike into the woods and find it. All went well and we found the apparently unused pond and enjoyed the scenery a bit before hiking back. I was delighted to happen across some tracks in the unmelted snow that were unmistakable as belonging to a large Cat. Not sure if it's a Lynx or a Bobcat but it's certainly a cat. I was hoping we had them out back..... We Gottem!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! Maybe you can set up a feeding station and a webcam and we can all enjoy them! Or would feeding them upset the ecological balance of the area...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd love to set up a webcam to see if I could get a look at them. I lokked into the cats now and them on the web and found that a lot of the found tracks we're found over bait stands meant for bears. We got a lot of bears in the area. I'd find myself living back in the city if I attracted enough bears to frighten the Mrs. For now I'll heed the warning. Don't feed the animals. But here's a link from a website in a nearby town that has a photo collection of native animals taken by local amatures.
http://www.thedailyme.com/postcard/i...feb08/lynx.jpg
Hope to see something like this one day!