We built a cat tree!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well done!! I'm planning on doing mine too, but right now it's just siting in the dining room missing a huge scrap of carpet
(Got tired of Tasha riping little bits out of it all the time - but now it's just started on the other side)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dandi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkImager

Your kitties are beautiful! Does this design come with instructions?
Can we have a copy?
Originally Posted by GayleMG

That's great! I'd love to know how you did that!
Thanks! We built it out of stuff lying around the garage. All the posts are 2x4s except for the tall post it's a 4x4 (actually 2 2x4s nailed together). Make the base REALLY HEAVY so it wont tip over (we nailed 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch pieces of plywood together. The shelves are from an old entertainment center and we nailed some 1x2s to the side so it made a little box. Then just stapled the carpet and wrapped the sisal. It was super easy and fun except for the sisal wrapping that made my hands hurt. I think if you go out and buy the stuff to build one, it would turn out to be pretty expensive. We just pick up stuff on clearance or slightly damaged wood or whatever from home improvement stores and keep it until we get inspired!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks fabulous! Hubby and I would have made our own before we bought one, but we didn't have any of the supplies at the time...and like you said, it's cheaper to use extra scraps you have on hand than to go buy the supplies.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great job! We have all the supplies to build one for Rosalie, just waiting on DH to get some down time from work/dental stuff to help, lol.