Wax Warmer

Tinalynne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my kitty Pepper knocked my scented wax warmer over and stepped in the wax, is there anything special I need to do to get the wax off of him, or will he do that on his own?

Ramsalte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would definitely try to wash the wax off of his paw. Just with cool water. The oils and perfumes in the wax could make him sick if he ingests them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tinalynne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had done that but not all of it had come off his paw.

Ramsalte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it’s in his fur, maybe take a clean toothbrush to try and brush it out. I know he probably won’t like it but try and get as much of it out as you can. If it’s on his paw pad a wash cloth might be able to gently scrub the wax off. Keeping it cool will keep the wax hard which will keep it from melting and spreading more.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did a Google search (this thread turned up on the first page, BTW) and found this: How to Get Wax Out of Cat Fur: Easy-to-Follow Guide, Expert's Advice

I've never used those scented wax warmers, because I have people who are regularly in the house who are allergic to the scents, so I have to ask: What kind of was do they use? Is it a fairly hard wax, like candle wax?

Margret