Watery Kitten Eye

Kaylie19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband and I adopted a kitten a little over a week ago since although our jobs are essential we are home much more.

Everything is going so well but his eyes were always crusty so I made a Tele Vet appt since so many vets are only seeing emergencies. She prescribed an ointment which let me tell you ... isn’t easy but oh my gosh his eyes look much better.

My question is ... has anyone had a cat or kitten that has a watery eye during/following an antibiotic? It doesn’t seem to bother him at all.

This is such a strange time to be alive. The kitten is all up to date on vaccines and neutered. We plan to take him to the vet for a check up ASAP once things quiet down. We live in NY (wny) so things are pretty locked down.

Thank you in advance!! C60104A8-54B3-412D-BD4C-5205134F7830.jpeg C60104A8-54B3-412D-BD4C-5205134F7830.jpeg 34562901-A24E-4DD3-8945-16EBC3492119.jpeg 38B9765E-CB59-4068-ACB0-D2600C7845D9.jpeg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has an eye infection right after I brought her home as well. The ointment cleared it right up! I think it was from stress, and it hasn’t come back.
Enjoy him! He’s so cute. And stay safe!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had a cat for 16 years who had a watery eye. The vet said she had no lacrimal duct on one side. That’s a tear duct. I just wiped her eye daily and occasionally dosed her with antibiotic eye drops to prevent infection.

Enjoy your sweet kitten, and stay safe during the current corona crisis. We are in a similar boat here in Florida!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One of our residents is essentially alike the one Sarthur tells about. Cat has often a droplet, but doesnt seem to ever be bothered.
The vet looked and examined, said the duct is closed, but its no real danger, the cat isnt suffering.
It is possible to do surgery, but its not in any way necessary - unless we notice it becomes much worse or inflammed.

And we arent showing him on shows, so we do have the telephone number to the vet, but are calm.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My question is ... has anyone had a cat or kitten that has a watery eye during/following an antibiotic? It doesn’t seem to bother him at all.
Hi! So, the crustiness is gone since the antibiotic ointment was given, but now his eyes are tearing/watery? Is this correct? If so, It could just be his eyes' reaction to the ointment. Can you ask the Tele Vet if watering is a possible side effect/result of the ointment?