water up my cats nose

Mchammer12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat breathed water up her nose from her drinking well and had her to the vet and it's not in her lungs but she is having a hard time breathing through her nose. he thinks it will clear up in a couple of days !

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Besides making sure it is not in her lungs, did the vet not have any other advice/recommendations/suggestions to offer? Did he look up her nose? Does the vet know she is having trouble breathing through her nose? Or could this be that she is afraid right now to breathe through her nose for fear of having the same outcome that she experienced with the water?

I hope someone here might have some ideas; I know I don't.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Was this an accident or is your cat older and having trouble with balance or another issue? Not blaming you at all, but it is something that you don't want to repeat. Did the design of the fountain have a hand in this?

Water up your nose can be irritating in and of itself. The nasal passages may be irritated. If you are sure that the vet is right and that there is nothing in her lungs, no sign of labored or noisy breathing, you might give it another day, but I would call the vet back if it continues. If this seems at all to be distressful for her, let them know. Is she eating and eliminating? Drinking water at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mchammer12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Besides making sure it is not in her lungs, did the vet not have any other advice/recommendations/suggestions to offer? Did he look up her nose? Does the vet know she is having trouble breathing through her nose? Or could this be that she is afraid right now to breathe through her nose for fear of having the same outcome that she experienced with the water?

I hope someone here might have some ideas; I know I don't.
Yes Vet thinks it might be a viral cold and if not better by Saturday wants to put her on antibiotics!
Yes was very thorough checking her out and knows it is trouble with breathing through her nose.
Thank you for your response!

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was she sneezing a day or two before this happened, or had goopy eyes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mchammer12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No! Not At all!
She has kidney disease and sometimes has small seizures. And she had one when she was drinking water and face was completely soaked with water, that was when I first noticed her having difficulty with breathing through her nose!!