Water Trouble

CatptainKittyLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy, Panda is at war with water. I fill his water bowl, and he splashes in it, dumps it on the floor and kicks the bowl around the kitchen. Every 5 minutes I'm cleaning up the mess and refilling his bowl just to have him do it again. Wht can I do?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you considered a fountain? Mooch used to splash before drinking. Cats can't see up close (or not as well as they see distances) so some will splash water so they can judge where it is. The moving water in a fountain can help. It did for us anyway! She used to soak the wall next to the bowl before we bought a fountain. :rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatptainKittyLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you considered a fountain? Mooch used to splash before drinking. Cats can't see up close (or not as well as they see distances) so some will splash water so they can judge where it is. The moving water in a fountain can help. It did for us anyway! She used to soak the wall next to the bowl before we bought a fountain. :rolleyes:
Actually, I came up with the idea of using velcro. He still spashes, but he can't kick the bowl around anymore. so much less of a mess to clean up