Water Temperature

Salinebelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 7 month old kitten who I'm trying to switch to water. I have the water in a plastic container but I was wondering, does the temperature matter? I usually give him in the middle temp only because I thought cold water would be too cold for him.

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a 7 month old kitten who I'm trying to switch to water. I have the water in a plastic container but I was wondering, does the temperature matter? I usually give him in the middle temp only because I thought cold water would be too cold for him.
As long as it’s not hot I don’t think it matters? I use gal water from the store (can’t use my tap water) for my cats, and those jugs sit at room temp.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about this too. I just give my cats water straight from the tap, since there is a filter on it. But I wonder if they would like their water chilled in the fridge, the way I drink mine? Maybe I'll try it. :)

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats drink only from glasses on tables so I have given them their own one :flail:
I have a tea cup on the bathroom counter that they decided is theirs. We are on the third one as once in a while it gets knocked off. They also drink out of the dishes in the sink. They really like my tea mugs after I am done with them. If I have used it then its great for them. I suppose I could use reverse thinking and drink out of their water bowel.