Water for my cats

kimmore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, I would really appreciate it if you all could give me some tips on how to make my cats drink water.
Ever since I got them they've never drank water, they would smell it and maybe lick it once and never go back to it again, I try to give it to them daily, I change it regularly, clean their bowls and I even bought water fountain for them but they still don't drink from it. I do add water to their food so it won't be dry but i know it's not like drinking water by itself,so lately I tried mixing some natural yogurt in their water and they only drink it that way.
So please if anyone has any helpful tips let me know and thank you.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not all cats drink water, if they are on all wet then they should be getting enough as wet food has about 75/80 water content. You could try putting ice cubes in the water bowl or adding some tuna juice.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I boil a chicken breast in a lot of water. I freeze a quantity of the broth and the chicken for the week.
When I feed her I sprinkle the saved shredded chicken on top of her canned food and add a drizzle of the unseasoned chicken broth around the food. She laps it up and then eats the food and gets her water through the added broth and the wet food.

Another thing I do is to blend a can of food with some chicken and some broth to form a creamy topping. That way if she doesn't eat the canned food I place at the bottom of the meal, she laps up the food, meat and broth, getting it all..and plenty of water in the topping mixture.
Momma's trickery!