Water Bowl

ta.arfaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

So my cat is around 6-7 weeks old. He started eating normal food around three weeks ago, however he doesn’t know how to drink from a bowl yet and i have to bottle feed him water.
I’ve had him since he was 3 weeks of age so i used to bottle feed him formula milk. Not sure how to teach him

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I am not expert on anything to do with kittens, but I read your post and an idea popped in my head. What about one of those water dispensers (see link below for a pic)? You could teach the kitten to learn to lick water from it, and then you could also place a bowl underneath it - tap some water from the dispenser into it and see if he would start to use the bowl underneath the dispenser as well?
Choco Nose No-Drip Dog & Cat Water Bottle, Color Varies, 16mm Nozzle, 11.2-oz - Chewy.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ta.arfaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I am not expert on anything to do with kittens, but I read your post and an idea popped in my head. What about one of those water dispensers (see link below for a pic)? You could teach the kitten to learn to lick water from it, and then you could also place a bowl underneath it - tap some water from the dispenser into it and see if he would start to use the bowl underneath the dispenser as well?
Choco Nose No-Drip Dog & Cat Water Bottle, Color Varies, 16mm Nozzle, 11.2-oz - Chewy.com
Hello!
That’s a great idea!!!
Thank you so much. i will definitely try it and hope it works!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitten will learn to drink from a water bowl when you stop bottle feeding water. If he’s weaned to soft foods he can lap water. He’s spoiled and enjoying his bottle still. That’s okay since he’s still a little fellow, but sounds like you’re tired of it. Good luck! :)

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my kitten at 8 weeks and he didn't start drinking water from his bowl until 10-11 weeks because this is when he made the transfer from wet food to dry kitten food. If you are still feeding him soft food (which you should be because this is best for their digestive system and health this young) he is getting all the water and moisture he needs from his wet food. He should naturally start lapping water from his bowl when he feels thirsty which at the moment he is probably getting all the water he needs from his wet food! :)