Warning for pet owners

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still err on the side of caution. There is a petfood recall going on right now where 28 dogs died from the presence of aflatoxin in their food. This shouldn't be happening and yet it has. My heart goes out to those who lost their beloved pets in this tragic situation. What a crying shame!

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to raise gerbils and gerbils just love cardboard boxes. I put them in a box while cleaning their cage. If I had left them in any longer they would have died. Someone had sprayed some toxic chemicals in that box as they were staggering and sickly when removed from the box. In general it is wise to remove any cardboard boxes from the house- tape is dangerous as cats will chew on it. If it's recycled cardboard you have no idea what chemicals are in it.

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would still err on the side of caution. There is a petfood recall going on right now where 28 dogs died from the presence of aflatoxin in their food. This shouldn't be happening and yet it has. My heart goes out to those who lost their beloved pets in this tragic situation. What a crying shame!
Absolutely. Always better to be safe than sorry with our babies. It's very disappointing to think that things like this can happen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. It may or may not be true.why risk it?