Warning about garage doors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are so kind.
Ann doesn't know about this site or the rainbow bridge. I plan to show her the compassion you ALL delivered to her in her time of need. It is my hope that she will, eventually, become a member of this board. It's just a hard time for her right now.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
I just saw this latest update, and I'm so sorry about the loss of Snuggles.

Sending comforting vibes and prayers to Ann.

russian_blue_kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but I just noticed it.
After reading all the posts, I really got sad. It sounds like Snuggles was a survivor, but his time came.

Sending *feel better soon* vibes to Ann.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That is horrible! I was really hoping and really thought the poor kitty was going to be ok. Atleast what happened was a warning to everyone of what can happen. I wish she'd been ok, but I'm sure she's happier now where she is. I hope the owner doesnt blame herself. I know I would. Tell her it's not her fault and that things happen for a reason. (((prayers and vibes for her!)))

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted everyone to know that I brought Ann over to my house to read this entire thread. She was touched by all of the support you all have given her since the very beginning of this tragedy. I know that reading your posts brought her some comfort today.

Another thing I wanted to clarify regarding Snuggle's death is that she died because of renal failure, it wasn't solely because of the damage to her esophogus.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim that is pretty common for this type of trauma. The cat will shut down because of the stress involved and the amount of pain that the cat had to endure.

Again, I am sorry that Snuggles lost the battle. But at least the incredible pain has ended for her. Now it just begins for Anne.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give all my prayers and love to Ann.

I'm sincerely sorry that Snuggles passed away. May he be frolicking at the rainbow bridge.

(((hugs))) to Ann, her family and you Kim.

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is just terrible. Please tell Ann my heart goes out to her. I know how horrible it is to lose someone so important.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are great. Thank you. I will pass your condolences on to Ann.

alliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing that story. I gasped when I found out that Snuggles was trapped under the door but am SO happy to hear that she was ok...how amazing is that? What a miracle and a half!

alliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read the update on Snuggles and it broke my heart. I am so sorry to hear that Snuggles passed away. At least she is no longer suffering though. It just reminds me of how many dangers there are outside for cats.

catman7766

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's one tough cat, we have the garage door opener that has the sensor on the botom so it stops if you go uder it. It's lucky it does to, or id be in it!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I just read the up date . I am so sorry about the sweet kitty passing away . Please give your friend a good and long ((((((HUG)))))) from me .

May Snuggles RIP

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found the best way to test the garage door is to . . . Put a roll of paper towels under the door and shut it. It should bounce back open and not smash the roll at all.
He laid the paper towels down on its side, right? (I don't have an auto-door-opener, just wanted to clarify for anyone who mistakenly may think it was placed standing up, & use this info the wrong way.)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for bringing up this danger to all of us, sometimes we are in such a hurry all the time we just don't think. I do check my door everytime, and do look out my side mirrors too, but accients still can happen. My outside cats always come running when they hear the doors, so it is a very real danger. Thank you again!