Want to feel old?

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keith Moon 63 years old? I bet he'd still be destroying drum kits.

It's sad that so many of their deaths were related to substance abuse. BR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Know what? I'll bet a lot more than they admit were done in by substance abuse. Even Karen Carpenter had some diet drugs, etc., contributing to her problems.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bedweary

Keith Moon 63 years old? I bet he'd still be destroying drum kits.

It's sad that so many of their deaths were related to substance abuse. BR
The two surviving members of The Who are still rocking, so gues had he not drank himself to death, he would be still at it too.

Still, one also must think of the others that abused substances and themselves that are still at it - Bill Wyman (74), Eric Clapton (65), the granddaddy of abuse, Keith Richards (67), and dozens of others.

BTW, I DO feel sorry for Richards, not for the self-inflicted stuff, but was watching Pirates 3 the other night and noticed how arthritic his knuckles are....all I can say is OUCH, because mine aren't far behind for knots and twists.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say I'm happy to be getting old. I never believed that I would; evidently that belief is a symptom of child abuse.

Getting older has taught me that if something it swollen, it hurts, and if you show me your ankle or leg that is swollen, I know that you are in pain.
Also, if you (or I) am limping or walking funny, it's most likely because something is hurting. Be nice and open the door, or offer your seat in the waiting room!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I have to say I'm happy to be getting old. I never believed that I would; evidently that belief is a symptom of child abuse.

Getting older has taught me that if something it swollen, it hurts, and if you show me your ankle or leg that is swollen, I know that you are in pain.
Also, if you (or I) am limping or walking funny, it's most likely because something is hurting. Be nice and open the door, or offer your seat in the waiting room!
Or on the bus or train!

I am now growing younger.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already feel old because I realized the other day that people born in 1990 are now going to be turning twenty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm sure you've seen the lists of such things about the current crop of high school seniors. For example, for them, John Kennedy and John Lennon have always been dead. There have always been cell phones, and the odds are good they've never seen a rotary dial phone. No new car has ever had a carburetor. "Three on the tree" has no meaning for the boys. The first Corvettes were vintage cars when they were born. Cameras have never used film. AM radio is just a waste of space.

I could go on, but it's just too discouraging.

As I've said several times, I knew I was too old to teach high school a long time ago, when a student said to me, "Mr. Blanche, did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band BEFORE Wings?"

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Oh, I'm sure you've seen the lists of such things about the current crop of high school seniors. For example, for them, John Kennedy and John Lennon have always been dead. There have always been cell phones, and the odds are good they've never seen a rotary dial phone. No new car has ever had a carburetor. "Three on the tree" has no meaning for the boys. The first Corvettes were vintage cars when they were born. Cameras have never used film. AM radio is just a waste of space.

As I've said several times, I knew I was too old to teach high school a long time ago, when a student said to me, "Mr. Blanche, did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band BEFORE Wings?"
Now I really feel old

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Younger people also have no concept of phones you cranked to get the operator, party lines or phone service only between 7AM and 10PM, unless you called someone on your own party line. Never got dial service here til 1970, and at that same time, others farther out from town got electricity.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

Younger people also have no concept of phones you cranked to get the operator, party lines or phone service only between 7AM and 10PM, unless you called someone on your own party line. Never got dial service here til 1970, and at that same time, others farther out from town got electricity.
I HATED party lines!