Waiting On Kittys!! - Update: They're Here!

Maggie DUNN

Isabella
Kitten
Purraise
My baby is due soon I'd think but but not sure... last 3 days iv checked her temp.. first day she was 99.4/99.6.. &then 100. Even yesterday.. n this am she was 99.9?? Now that mean she getting close or?? That n sleeping alot.. n her belly gets hard off n on??

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep mom inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned?

Have you purchased any kitten supplies?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maggie DUNN

Isabella
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the picture everyone but trying find out if the lil dark stuff around her area is? If normal or not? If anyone has any ideas please feel free to leave comment... n iv posted few other thing on my page here just kidding wondering if she close have her babies cause she eats good drinks good bathroom fine very clinging today restless it seems today as well

Attachments

Maggie DUNN

Isabella
Kitten
Purraise
Just check her temp under her arm and it was 99.3??? Anyone know what that means? ?

Maggie DUNN

Isabella
Kitten
Purraise
So today Isabelle temp under her arm was 99.5 n seems her belly keeps getting really hard off n on again n kinda liking her self all over today.. what is mean when her belly get really hard?? & can kinda see babys

Maggie DUNN

Isabella
Kitten
Purraise
20170512_092934.jpg
So Isabella Woke us up At 5am this morning... My Daughter woke up saying she Peed the bed so I got up n sure enough she was in active labor.. so picked her up brought her to her box in bath room were all her stuff is... n with in 20 mins or so she had first 4.. & Nother 20 mins or so her 5th one.. n mind u she didn't say word once very calm n conent while given birth hole time.. n then lil bit longer the 6th one.. & then she paused for bit but then had lil hard time the 7th one.. n sad thing is it was the smallest it in plam my hand n way under developed was moved or breathing. N Isabella think know n just left it to be.. so my husband took out n checked it was still born still in sack n all... but other then that she been amazing hasn't really moved she's been sleeping since baby came n baby r great moved all over lil noises n eating just fine... will Isabella sleep while before she get up n moves or what should watch for if she not ok? Thinking she's just very exhausted from the hole thing n 7 babies total... any advice please leave messages thank all ur help before

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sweet! Can you weigh the kittens daily? You will probably have a runt.

Do you plan to spay mom after this litter has weaned?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will get up when she's ready. She's exhausted. Though her labor and delivery were quiet, it was hard work and painful. My cat did not get up for almost 12 hours after delivering.

Bring a dish of KMR and a bowl of wet food to her in the nest in the meantime.

Another reason moms don't get up is the babies need to stay warm and nurse and stabilize after birth.

Weigh the babies daily to see that they each gain 6-10 grams.