Waddles

DorianH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweet Waddles passed over the rainbow bridge today. He was a rescue kitten that my parents found in their barn. Initially he stayed outside, he was feral and scared but came around. Yesterday he came inside. Today after a really rough vet appointment, he started to fade. Our sweet boy held on for a long time, but he was too small to make it. He wasn't with us long, but he waddled his way into our hearts instantly.
Every time someone touched him he purred, he meowed for cuddles, and loved being with his brother, Pancake. In the end, he wasn't in pain, and was very happy. The vet did wonders for him, he was just too small to go through so much. He and Pancake are the lost kittens from a litter born a few months ago. Their sister Sable has a post here as well. She and Waddles will have each other over the bridge, where neither of them will know pain, and both will be able to run and play like they should've been able to here.
Pancake is still with us, and is incredibly healthy. He'll always be here for us to remember his siblings by. I'll miss little Waddles, but I'm happy he isn't sick anymore. The picture is of him napping with a full belly, cuddled into his blanket.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What an incredible baby!
You-all did so much for him and made his too-short life all sorts of better with love, joy, food, warmth, cuddles and more love.
RIP darling little one, you're free now to play and run :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad sweet Waddles had you to make his last days ones full of warmth and love. It breaks our hearts when they have to go, but at least it was with love and memories in his tiny heart that he will always have with him. You have formed a bond of love that can never be taken from you, it is spiritual, so eternal. His memories will lie safe in your heart for eternity, and the tiny piece of your heart he took with him will provide comfort and love that he will keep safely in his too.
Try to think of the good times, not dwell on the end. It brings nothing but heartache to keep the grief near the surface, and right now he needs for you to send him thoughts and prayers of joy and happiness, what he needs to get from the one he loves so much. Because that is what love is, and just as you would want for him to feel joy right now, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, because you shared a small part of your life journey with him and loved him, so he wants for you.
My heart aches for your sorrow, I cry for your grief. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, know you are not alone and we send hugs and condolences. take care....RIP dear Waddles. You have joined your sweet mama, Sable, she welcomes you to her favorite patch of sunshine at the Rainbow Bridge. You will never be forgotten, you will always be loved. May the good Lord bless you both and keep you, until the day you all meet once more!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Your story is both sad but sweet at the same time, I am so sorry that he is gone but he was so well loved and is fine now, just fine and you will see him again someday.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

Keep the great memories and the thought that he is now with his sister...I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Waddles, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

His life was short, but filled with love and caring, and with people who fought so very hard for him. You did your best by him, and he knows that he left for his New Journey loved and cared for.