Vomiting And Lost Appetite

Arwen Dee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my 3 months old kitten just recovered from distemper or panleukopenia a week ago. Now, she’s in good condition. Active as usual, just like before the virus attacked. But something on her make me worried, she lost her appetite.. I don’t say that she doesn’t eat at all. I gave her about 1/2 tablespoon food and she ate not even half.. Before she had the distemper, I always gave about 2-3 tablespoon wetfood and it always not enough for her. Sometimes she just sniffing the food without touch it. And today, I figured out that she was vomiting. I gave her med about half hours ago and then she vomiting right after. I just wonder, she’s active.. but seeing her lost appetite and vomit make me worried.

what should I do? Vet is closed today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still try to tempt her with different foods, even human foods, it is important to get her to eat. distemper is horrible, and one of the main symptoms is a loss of appetite and inability to drink, though they want to. You are so very lucky she survived. it takes a long time for them to fully recover. Make sure she is drinking, and offer whatever she will eat, Gerber infant baby food in turkey or other meat flavors could be tried, I give my cats Delectable Stew Lickable Treats when they get sick and refuse to eat, sometimes it is the ONLY thing they will eat when they come down with symptoms of their Leukemia. It is available at Dollar stores and Walmart in the treat section. They love the whitefish and tuna and the chicken and tuna. I give them their meds in it too. Make sure it is the stew though and not the bisque. I pray your little one will get better, all the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arwen Dee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still try to tempt her with different foods, even human foods, it is important to get her to eat. distemper is horrible, and one of the main symptoms is a loss of appetite and inability to drink, though they want to. You are so very lucky she survived. it takes a long time for them to fully recover. Make sure she is drinking, and offer whatever she will eat, Gerber infant baby food in turkey or other meat flavors could be tried, I give my cats Delectable Stew Lickable Treats when they get sick and refuse to eat, sometimes it is the ONLY thing they will eat when they come down with symptoms of their Leukemia. It is available at Dollar stores and Walmart in the treat section. They love the whitefish and tuna and the chicken and tuna. I give them their meds in it too. Make sure it is the stew though and not the bisque. I pray your little one will get better, all the luck!
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am lucky she’s survived. Not just her, also her brother.. but I lost 2 (they’re 5 of them) of their male and female siblings to panleukopenia a couple of weeks ago. Thank you so much for the reply.