Vixen Is Being Stuburn

BrownEyedDork

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vixen is my prima donna cat. She is very pregnant. Some back info...
We got Vixen a week before Christmas. She was about 3-4 weeks old and was due to be put down because they had nobody to feed her formula and she would not eat otherwise. We took her in and fed her formula for about 4 weeks before we could temp her with wet food. Due to this she was underweight to get spayed when we first took her to the vet. The second time we took her she was having breathing problems and we decided to wait until she was better. Took her back 2 months later and she had already started heat cycle and Vet told me it would be $85 more to get her fixed when she was in heat so we decided to wait. I stopped by my sister's on the way home from the vet and she jumped ship. After her being gone for almost 6 weeks we finally got her home and she was obviously pregnant alrrady at that point. This was 3 1/2 weeks ago.
So here we are she sould be right around 9 weeks or so. She has had her milk in for 4 days. She lost her plug 4 days ago as well. I have a birthing box in almost every room. She just keeps cleaning herself, eating, and sleeping.
I have put her in a box a couple of times and she will stay in there for a couple of hours then go and lay on the kitchen floor in front of the fridge. I'm wondering when I should take her to the vet to be checked out for a c-section. I am worried that she is holding them in for some reason.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks very sweet! I completely understand your concerns! :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BrownEyedDork

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 so far and still laboring... looking to be a long night
20170606_204908.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like they are doing well! Are all the kittens latching?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let's hope she's done soon. Let us know the final count! :lovecat2:

Make sure all are nursing well and staying warm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BrownEyedDork

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are all nursing and warm. Vixen wants to be by me and keeps moving them to were I am so I currently have her and her kittens in my bed lol

Thr only thing I am concerned about is that her labor officially paused... you can see and feel that she has at least one more to deliver but her labor has officially stopped

See the attached pic ... that lump in her side is the 6th kitten

She is not laboring or uncomfortable. She has no discharge or bad smell. Her milk production is good. She is carrying for her babies really well...

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will have it when her body is ready. No worries unless she is in distress, which it sounds like she is not.

Good the babies are doing well! :)