Visbiome Probiotic Caps

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! How to get these down my cats gullet?

They are huge!!

I took the powder out and mixed with a treat but that didn't go so well!!

Wet food is hit or miss!

Need some help!

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How about splitting the powder across different meals? Less powder at one time may be more tolerable.

Our cats will eat some meds and supplements if they're mixed into wet food or snacks and then topped with an extra tasty treat. We use a variety of Forti Flora and meal toppers from Farm Hounds and Magic Dust. Hartz Delectables Squeeze Ups are also thicker than similar snack sticks and we've found it masks the flavor of meds better.

Natural Dog Chews and Treats Supplier | Farm Hounds
Magic Dust Toppers
Hartz Delectables Squeeze Up For Cat - Free shipping | Chewy

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you sprinkling it on the wet food, or mixing it in with a little added water?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hartz is a good idea or maybe churu?
First time I tried yesterday I broke it into 3 treats

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read that a lot of cats like the churu - I haven't found it necessary to try with my boy yet :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a human probiotic right? You don't want to give the full human dose to the cat.

Fantastic! I found the capsule filling machine I use. Turns out the Etsy seller I had been searching for left Etsy, and started their own Shopify store.
Manual capsule filler for 50 capsules of size 4,3,2,1 respectively

I would get a size four capsule filling machine. Open up the Visbiome product and re-pack it into smaller cat-sized capsules. It may take a while to train your kitty. But he could probably learn to take his own capsules like my Betty does. By training, I simply mean if he's going to lick the food off, keep trying. Make dinner or breakfast conditional on him taking his "meds." You keep at it until he takes his capsule and then he can have his breakfast/dinner.

Hills A/D is fantastic for this because a single can will last you a week in the fridge. Very helpful since you're not using very much at a time. Betty takes three or four capsules twice a day (there's one I give only every other day.) I don't need more than a spoonful of A/D each time. I twist the capsules in it, and drop them on the carpet for her. Then what little remains after taking her meds, I'll smear atop her meal so I'm assured she will also have food with her meds. A/D is also super-appealing. I know wet food is hit or miss with your cat. But A/D is a hit with most cats. I call it Betty's cake frosting because she'll take or eat just about anything dipped in A/D.

You will go broke using Churus every time for the little amount needed. Also the xanthan gum in Churus can give your cat the runs. Not all cats are sensitive to xanthan gum. But my Krista was. And it turns out I am too. I have to watch which cream cheeses (and other smooth foods) I buy or I will have a fun time the next day.💪💩🤦‍♂️

If you want a probiotic that's already formulated for the kitty and in a kitty-sized capsule, I like Vitality Science's Pet Flora. It can be opened into food as well and has been generally well accepted by the cats I've given it to.
Pet Flora "the ultimate probiotic" ™ | Cat Probiotics

You can get it for cheaper through their Finnicky Cat Trial Pack if there are a few other products you might also want to try.
Finicky Cat Trial Pack

I've also heard good things about Adored Beast. Though I haven't tried any of their products myself.
All Products

Last edited: