Vile temptress, thy name is Torbie already-spayed stray kitten!

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh she looks like my Kuan Yin when she was a baby (found abandoned at 4 weeks old in an oil pitt) so of course I am biased and thinking this is fate because she reminds me of my baby so much

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

She's just taking her time to get used to her new environment. It's good that she wanted to explore some. As you know, don't get in a hurry and let her lead the way.
Yep. She needs to do it on her own time.

You can help things along by sitting on the floor in the room and reading out loud in a clam voice so that she can get used to your voice. Offer her treats too....not from your hand, but on the floor near where she is, and over time gradually closer to where you are sitting.

But don't make a move to reach out and touch her. Let her come up to you and rub on you before you gently touch her.

Little steps and she will get there.

callen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww, what a sweet little face! She looks a lot like my little Sassy girl. I'd have to keep her too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's right, take no responsibility for a potentially life-changing decision, blame it on us!

This is a highly adoptable TORBIE you're talking about. You ready for all that womanly attitude? Are Memphis and Tails ready?

Apart from our first two, our policy became to adopt out the adoptable ones, and keep the ones that needed us (not that we didn't try to find homes for the special needs kitties we were... "fostering."
). Of course we were actively rescuing, so we couldn't roll with the "you've been chosen" theory.

On the other hand... you don't anticipate actively rescuing, and the timing does seem surprisingly... appropriate.