Vibes please for my friends son

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all, my neighbour and very good friend has just been round and asked me to look after her 5 year old son as she has had to take her other son (7 years old) to hospital, he came home from school and within 10 minutes complained that his head was hurting so much he thought it would "go bang", his temperature was 40 and so she phoned Nhs direct ( a health advice line we have over here) they said keep an eye on him and phone them back if he gets worse, unfortunately he has got worse and she phoned them back, they told her to take him straight to hospital and that it could be swine flu, she has got to go into the hospital before taking her son in and inform them he has arrived then the doctors have to get her son with masks apparentely. I had no idea it could be that serious, I pray that it isn't and just a bug, ther are loads of illnesses going around at the moment here. Please send vibes to Marc and his mum Sarah, she is beside herself with worry.x

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes and prayers coming Marc's way.. Hope he recovers quickly and I also hope his mom can handle the stress herself and doesn't become ill as well...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pleased to report Sarah has just come back from the hospital, marc has been discharged and given the tamiflu medicine, they are not sure whether he has swine flu or not (doctors over here are rubbish and prescribe the tamiflu medicine for all flu like illnesses) his temp is still high 39.4 but they don't really want to know, the tamiflu is supposed to stop the symptoms from lasting as long. She has took marc home to bed, our nhs over here I find is diabolical and to treat a child in such a way is terrible, they basically were maked and gloved, had a prod and a poke and then sent him on his way. I still hope he will feel better tomorrow-he didn't look very well when she collected her other son. still for marc.xx

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope he gets better quickly
Someone I know had the exact same symtoms and it turned out to be meningitis- she was fine after they gave her the right antibiotic though. I'm sure the doctors ruled that out in him though...

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually safer to be at home and cared for in your own surroundings than in a hospital unless support for breathing or IV medicines are needed.

Hope he's better really fast!

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope he gets better fast. This H1N1 stuff is making nervous. I am normally not big on vacs but as soon as there are some available in my area, I am taking my kids in for it.