Very worried about my Quinn- tummy issues

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so my Quinn has been eating less since we lost a human family member. I mentioned this at his yearly last week but he has not lost weight and dvm brushed it off. Fast forward he barely ate at all yesterday and then when I gave him some fresh cooked home made cat food which is his staple he vomited a few times and didn't eat at all after that. I took him in today, xray is ok, he had shots of cerenia and famatodine and if he doesn't start eating more dvm said they will do an us to make sure nothing was ingested which was my first worry.

When we got home he ate a little, and I mixed in some extra pumpkin in case he is constipated. I am just so worried. Sometimes he vomits if he eats a bug in the garage etc. but I haven’t noticed any and it doesn't stop him from eating.
They gave him some pro pectalin also but I am worried about that since it made Merlin worse when he had all of his issues and it is supposed to be for diarrhea. It has kaolin, pectin and a probiotic. He is very sleepy as well, he slept alot today and as a siamese is usually more active.

I also notice lately he does not like his fussie cat as much. So I wonder if something is wrong with it. Merlin eats it too though and still eats it happily when I give them some.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I know that you know that cats do vomit sometimes. Is there anything else in the garage he could have gotten into? Maybe do a thorough check. Cats also react to us and other humans. A loss is felt by you and by them. It’s always hard to know everything that a cat finds or reacts to. Siamese are so perceptive and so curious. The first thing you mention here is losing family. Is that your first instinct with him? Then maybe giving him some extra time with you? Reassuring him can help. I don’t know how close he was to that person but even if he just feels your pain, he could be responding to that. Any food can cause issues at times for humans and cats. If Merlin is fine on the Fussie cat then maybe it’s not that. That brand has a good reputation. You can always check the batch and try a different one. Even fresh cooked food can be affected. Again, try another batch? Hopefully the meds will help and this will pass quickly. Feel better Quinn! I am so sorry you lost a family member! My sympathies to all and extra purrs sent to the kitties. :alright: