Very Hungry Kitty.

Miss_Molly1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently rescued a kitten who I thought was 6 weeks but turns out she was only 4 weeks. Since the day I got her she has only ate dry food, it’s all she wants. I gave her formula but she just wasn’t wanting it that much she likes the dry food. A family friend found her under her house, she was abandoned. I have always given her as much as she wanted because I’m worried she didn’t get enough nutrients since she wasn’t properly weened off her mother. I have enougher kitten who is 11 months and I have tried different foods with him but he was picky, the food that seemed to do well with him was blue wilderness kitten. He enjoys it. I have never had any issues with him over eating. I leave the food out and he just eats it whenever. I portion it so he doesn’t get very much, 1/2 cup in the morning and evening and he rarely eats it all. Well with my little Sofia I am worried she is eating to much. I put her on a food with grains since I was so worried she wasn’t getting enough nutrients. It was still blue buffalo but it had grains in it. She didn’t do well on it. She had runny poop because of worms then I got her wormed and as soon as she started getting normal bowel movements I switched her food and the poop just comes out. I figured she’s sensitive to grains. The person I got her from fed her mashed up kitty chow at just 4 weeks old!!! I just switched back the food and so far so good. She is having less runny poop but I’m still worried she eats to much. I’ve been putting the food up, but it seems like she is always hungry. I have never had a kitten this small is it normal for a kitten that is around 2 months to me super hungry and want to eat all the time? I am concerned the amount she eats is causing her to have runny bowel movements, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sofia is an adorable kitty and loves to play, she doesn’t have any signs of being sick at all so that’s why I never took her to the vet for her runny poop since I figured it was the food which I switched.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let her have as much food as she wants it’s hard to overfeed a growing kitten. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She can have as much as she wants while growing! Kittens need far more nutrition than adult cats. :)