very chatting friends/ family members

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Do you have one of those friends / family members who just chats and chats on the phone and never shuts up?  

I don't understand why people do this ? I was at the laundry mat today and there was this lady who was telling me about a guy about 17-19 walking around the area  eyeing her cause she was the only one in the laundry mat when he came in to use the bathroom. Then she started talking about how she was on  disability, wants another apartment and so on....... This is none of my business about her disability and her check. I realize she just wanted company at the time and just wanted to know if I saw this guy and if he left the area so she would be safe but I was done with the conversation and I had to go. I said I haven't seen this guy and things were ok.

dejolane

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes l get people like that, and as you say she probably just wanted a bit company. Plus being friendly costs nothing

Im lucky l have friends, but for some people, speaking to strangers are the only form of contact they have

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes l get people like that, and as you say she probably just wanted a bit company. Plus being friendly costs nothing

Im lucky l have friends, but for some people, speaking to strangers are the only form of contact they have
Thats true this lady stated that she lived alone and I didn't mind talking to her.

dejolane

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our next door neighbor is elderly and will suck DH into a conversation as long as possible.  She was working several jobs until recently so now even more so she looks to have someone to talk to.  I think she is just naturally social on top of having so much alone time now.  Fortunately she has some family in the area as well as a church she is active in.  But just last weekend DH ran outside in his pajama pants and a sweatshirt to take the trash out and he had to avoid looking up and having to start a conversation.  Normally he doesn't mind it THAT much; but he wasn't dressed and it was cold!