vacuum suggestion for area rugs?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Our vacuum died, and we need a new one, but we don't have carpets, only area rugs. Anyone got a good suggestion for a replacement? I don't want to spend lots of money to just vacuum 5 x 8 area rugs and a few hall runners, yet I'm tired of getting on my hands and knees to use our hand-held vacuum to get the job done. We've got 4 cats, so definitely have some fur around, and my swiffer works great on the tile and wood floors. Whatever happened to those brooms they used to advertise on TV for rugs? Guess they must not have worked, since I don't see them anymore! Oh well, anyone know of a good stand-up vacuum (preferably bagless) that I can carry up and down stairs that has decent suction for rugs vs. carpets?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an Infiniti vaccum that works well both on wood floors and area rugs- I vaccuum the wood floors and tiles first then go over it again with the swiffer. The vacuum has a setting for hard surface floors where it gets really low to the ground to pick up any dust or hairs.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Eureka The Boss SmartVac 4870 that I use on our hard floors and area rugs. We've had it for quite a few years now. It's been great on a variety of surfaces: plush carpet and berber in apartments, area rugs and hard floors (linoleum, wood) in our house.