Vaccine side effects

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi TCS members
Yes I am posting alot cz I am having alot of problem these days
My 5yo male cat had combo vaccine and rabies vaccine yesterday , I think it's his first time , he didn't have shots when he was kitten , it's been 30 hours since he was vaccinated , he is lethargic just sleeping in the bed , ate his meals but now he ate a little not his whole meal and not playing
Is this normal , I am afraid cz I am leaving my country tomorrow
Is it common , I am worried cz I lost his son 7days ago for pneumonia and it was mysterious tragedy

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's normal for cats to be lethargic following vaccines. It's usually about 24 hours, so this is concerning. He may have picked up an upper respiratory infection from the stress of the vet. I would call the vet tomorrow and let them know what's going on.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's normal for cats who get both the rabies and FVRCP vaccines at the same time to be lethargic for a day, maybe two, afterwards. Who is taking care of your cats when you leave the country? Can that person closely monitor the cat and call the vet if there are any issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is eating today and drinking too , but he sleeps but not as yesterday and his sad eyes not bad as yesterday too , He hates vets so much , is it okay now ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's normal for cats who get both the rabies and FVRCP vaccines at the same time to be lethargic for a day, maybe two, afterwards. Who is taking care of your cats when you leave the country? Can that person closely monitor the cat and call the vet if there are any issues?
Yes he will be in boarding , I will tell her ofc but I am afraid he will be alr sad bcz of leaving the house for the first time