Vaccinations and neutering

Ashleigh1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

I need some advice on my kittens (1 male and 1 female). We got them at 8 weeks old and it's been a whirlwind since then (they are now 15 weeks old) .

Our kittens have been sick on and off since then, and our male nearly lost his eye due to a nasty virus.

He is currently on exocin eye drops and an alternative of eye serum/remend. He is due for a check up on 29th December to confirm his eye is all better.

When he was sick, he was tested for aids, leukemia, herpes, Chlamydia and mycoplasma. Thankfully the aids, leukemia and herpes tests came back negative but everything else was positive (just awaiting to pick up antibiotics for both of them).

My question is, the male has not yet been vaccinated due to the illness but the female was vaccinated on 16th December. She is due for a booster on 13th January when he will be getting his first vaccination, and assuming his booster 3 weeks after.

My question is should I get the male vaccinated on 29th December when he goes for his eye check up and then get his booster 3 weeks later. Or try to push her booster and his first vaccination forward? Can he be vaccinated whilst positive for Chlamydia? Will the antibiotics have an effect on the vaccincations?

From my understanding, they shouldn't be neutered until after 2 weeks from their jabs.

I just worry about leaving it too late and an accidental pregnancy happening.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashleigh1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my other post with more information about his eye problems if that might help

Cat flu

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say these are questions for your Vet. They would know better than us, especially knowing their history.