Urinating (?) with foamy substance in the middle of wet pee?

skylerlark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'd mentioned to vet that cat's urination had white foamy substance dead center of his pee in his box. She injected him with an antibiotic. Since then, he's had other issues and just noticed, despite being able to keep a tiny amount of food in without diarrhea, it's happened again, albeit he was able to keep the one cc of Albumin food in and a few kibble. UTI? Or something more sinister?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It is impossible to know without diagnostics. Foam in the urine can be caused by too much protein in the urine. I have never heard of a vet just giving antibiotics without doing a urinalysis. But maybe they did and i misunderstood your original post.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure what the diarrhea has to do with your concern over the foam in your cat's pee, so if there is a connection I am missing, let me know. I am not saying that there isn't a connection but wasn't sure whether you think there is or not, and if so, why you think that.

I do know that my cat used to have foam in her pee on occasion, but it was when she would go a lot at once, and I could actually hear the stream hit the litter. While she never had protein in her urine or a UTI at those times, it is still a good idea for you to get urinalysis done on your cat, if - as suggested above - there wasn't one done. Without one, it is hard to know if the antibiotics were even necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skylerlark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. It is impossible to know without diagnostics. Foam in the urine can be caused by too much protein in the urine. I have never heard of a vet just giving antibiotics without doing a urinalysis. But maybe they did and i misunderstood your original post.
Third World Country. With First World prices (mostly).

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I am sorry. Frustrating. It can be protein in the urine that the kidneys can’t filter out, it could be the cat litter, it could be any kind of chemicals reaction. It could be nothing at all. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Third World Country. With First World prices (mostly).
I am from India and I can’t totally get what you’re saying.
I have had a similar issue. But I feel it’s because he has been having metronidazole for diarrhoea. He is on his second round.