Urgent

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Since she's 54 days pregnant, could she be starting labor? Is she displaying any signs of labor? Either way, you may want to call the vet.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yellow or green and with a bad odor is indicative of infection. Creamy white is usually okay. 53 days is too soon for labor, especially if you are certain of the dates.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter weans?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With a little luck its the mucus plug. Early to go off, in theory its supposed to go off just hours before delivery.
But in practice it may let go even 2 weeks before...

So, unles it smells badly (ie pus), it shouldnt be any immediate problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Salha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since she's 54 days pregnant, could she be starting labor? Is she displaying any signs of labor? Either way, you may want to call the vet.
I took her to the vet to get checked and everything was fine. Her temperature was normal so its not an infection. But today she had a water like discharge and diarrhea with a bad smell to it. The kittens seem to be moving more than normal but the mom is sleeping with no signs of labor.

Salha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
With a little luck its the mucus plug. Early to go off, in theory its supposed to go off just hours before delivery.
But in practice it may let go even 2 weeks before...

So, unles it smells badly (ie pus), it shouldnt be any immediate problem.
I took her to the vet to get checked and everything was fine. Her temperature was normal so its not an infection. But today she had a water like discharge and diarrhea with a bad smell to it. The kittens seem to be moving more than normal but the mom is sleeping with no signs of labor.

Salha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yellow or green and with a bad odor is indicative of infection. Creamy white is usually okay. 53 days is too soon for labor, especially if you are certain of the dates.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter weans?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ARE you sure its day 54? If it were say day 64 everything would be nicely explained. Especielly as its common they get diarrea a day or two before delivery...
If not, lets hope it was a nervous reaction after the vet visit...

If she has much diarrhea, more than occasionally, be sure she get extra salts and electrolytes... You can begin with sprinkling a little kitchen salt on her food.

Salha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I’m sure it’s between 54 to 56 days. And the diarrhea started two days ago. But she ate normally and the kittens are moving. I’m scared that she will give birth prematurely.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can add s boulardii, or psyllium fibre to her food to see if it will help. Normal Metamucil helps.