[urgent] My Cat Is Pregnant, How Should I Care For Her?

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant, and in the last stage. She wentthrough nesting phase, and now she has become clingy and rarely leaves me, She'seating less too and there's some dischargecoming out of her when she sits on my lap. I think the day is near, so what should I do while my cat is in labour?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be on kitten food since she got pregnant. She needs an area prepared to have her babies with everything she needs handy. Keep an eye on her for complications during delivery and have your vet's phone number handy just in case of an emergency. Also keep her inside, and away from any intact males until she can be spayed when her babies are a little older. Was this an intentional pregnancy?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed her kitten food until she weans the kittens. She will need the extra fat and protean for her milk. Plus give her a saucer or two per day of KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement),available at most pet stores. Buy the powdered form and mix it yourself. It's better and cheaper than the premixed form. She will also need the extra liquid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pheonix1410

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
update: She gave birth to 3 kittens. Thanks for replying guys.