Upper Lip Discolored

ksidlar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1EDC8374-54D5-4957-85B5-12413D10E9A1.jpeg
2E256B9A-9956-4289-ADBC-E934899ACD9E.jpeg
Within the last 4-5 days my cat’s upper lip has turned dark in color. I’m not noticing excessively licking but it is basically in the area where she would lick her lips. The first picture is for comparison. The second one was taken today.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could it be dirt? Maybe it’s the photo, but the color looks granular.

She’s a beautiful cat. Is she eating and behaving normally?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a pretty girl!

I dont know what the problem may be, but its a fairly dramatic change for 4 or 5 days. Chances are its nothing major, but with that kind of change i would suggest taking her for a vet visit. I would want to know exactly what it was so that i could take care of it as soon as possible.

Keep us updated, we will want to know how she is doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ksidlar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. It is definitely not dirt. The patch has been slowly getting bigger. She is behaving normally - eating socializing, not vomiting. She does not go outside. We’ll take her to the vet tomorrow.

If anyone else has any ideas, please keep the comments coming.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully something simple to fix, such as cat acne or some such. But im glad you are taking her in, a clear diagnosis from the vet will be best, so you can treat correctly! Best of luck, and do let us know what the vet says. Cheering for an easy fix! :cheerleader:

jsanders

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I know this is a few years late, but just wanted to know if you got a diagnosis and what happened?
I’ve been searching the internet for photos like yours because my cat has exactly same thing. I would really appreciate your help! Thanks :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I know this is a few years late, but just wanted to know if you got a diagnosis and what happened?
I’ve been searching the internet for photos like yours because my cat has exactly same thing. I would really appreciate your help! Thanks :)
Hi jsanders jsanders , like you mentioned this thread is a few years old, and the OP has not been on since jun 2018.

Could you post a few photos of your own cat, in the Health thread, and give it a good title...something specific, that way more members might see it an chime in.
It's hard with skin issues in cats, since online, and with photos, it's really hard to tell the small differences that each cat has.

Is your cat by any chance using plastic bowls?

snakeytron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I know this is a very old post, but has anyone found a solution to this yet?