Update On The Brood

weech

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For more info, see the my post history but basically, we have a lady Siamese named Sasha who we bred in March. She became pregnant and gave birth to six beautiful, healthy kittens: four boys and two girls.

Sasha had some stress issues throughout the early months of motherhood. She lost fur around her ears and basically licked some mildly infected ulcers onto her upper lip. She was constantly wide-eyed, pupils blown, and looked as though she'd lost a lot of weight. She also gave herself a bit of an abrasion on her nose trying to get into the kitten room.

Recently, she began to become aggressive with the kittens because none of them were fixed: the kittens were too young and my parents, Sasha's owners, were dithering when it came to getting Sasha spayed because they werent sure if they wanted another litter.

Well, I'm pleased to say that last week, Sasha was spayed. The operation went well, she recovered, and is looking absolutely fantastic. She still swats the kittens but she's way calmer.

20201005_121326.jpg

Tomorrow, the kittens are getting fixed. Four are left: one girl and three boys.