Update on Ruby

BarbCatLover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! It's been a while since I posted about Ruby. Here is a recent pic of her in my living room (sort of). For new folks, the saga began back in January when it was very cold and snowy here and I kept seeing a black and white cat. Young-ish, less than 1 year old. Ear tipped so feral-ish at one point. Now she has a spot on my front porch that she calls home. I work from home so hang out with her several times throughout the day. She is my love. She was feral-ish earlier but has grown accustomed to being in my house although she hates closed doors. I am trying so hard to get her inside for good before the summer heat hits in about a month. The one pic is my office window in the front of my house and yes, I opened the screen so she would come in. Wants nothing to do with that. Even tried tuna. No luck. I am trying so hard!! Any suggestions? I have two other cats so need to get her to the vet first before she can come inside permanently. Once when she was inside, the front door shut she totally freaked and was looking for a way out. I would just love her to come through the screen into my office.
Ruby Lipbaum.jpeg
Ruby (3).jpg
Ruby (2).jpg
Ruby (1).jpg

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Oooh. Tuxedo! My heart!

She's so pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BarbCatLover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG are those your furry friends? Soooo beautiful! Gosh, I just love cats--ALL of them :-)

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! It's been a while since I posted about Ruby. Here is a recent pic of her in my living room (sort of). For new folks, the saga began back in January when it was very cold and snowy here and I kept seeing a black and white cat. Young-ish, less than 1 year old. Ear tipped so feral-ish at one point. Now she has a spot on my front porch that she calls home. I work from home so hang out with her several times throughout the day. She is my love. She was feral-ish earlier but has grown accustomed to being in my house although she hates closed doors. I am trying so hard to get her inside for good before the summer heat hits in about a month. The one pic is my office window in the front of my house and yes, I opened the screen so she would come in. Wants nothing to do with that. Even tried tuna. No luck. I am trying so hard!! Any suggestions? I have two other cats so need to get her to the vet first before she can come inside permanently. Once when she was inside, the front door shut she totally freaked and was looking for a way out. I would just love her to come through the screen into my office. View attachment 335205View attachment 335207View attachment 335208View attachment 335206
Temptations or the "dust" they're coated with - Fortiflora. Kitty crack. Impossible to resist.

BarbCatLover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Temptations or the "dust" they're coated with - Fortiflora. Kitty crack. Impossible to resist.
Thank you! Ruby does love those Temptations but not enough to get her through the screen. I will keep trying though because I am relentless :cool:

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dammit as far as Temptaitons and good for you for being relentless!
I'm a Barb also.
Oh - have you tried Liverwurst with no onions ? I had a dying cat perk up just before the end when I offered Liverwurst, so it must be yummy to cats.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
KFC or any supermarket equivalent of fried chicken, the greasier the better. You aren't going to be feeding it for the rest of her life so it won't hurt once.

She has been inside but freaks out? You have to use your own judgment as you don't want her to claw through a screen or permanently live, but of my two new inside former ferals, one did get accustomed to coming inside and even sleeping with me, but then wanted back out. The rainy morning that I grabbed her I also grabbed her sister who had a little more of a fit but after a few days did calm down and reevaluate her options.

BarbCatLover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to add another picture. I am so very proud of the progress I have made with Ruby! She comes in throughout the day and plays with the cat toys and sometimes sleeps. It is starting to get very hot here so she likes coming in to a cool house. I am trying to keep her in more and more but she still keeps her eyes on that front door almost wanting to make sure she can escape! It's only been about a month but with cats, I am working on her schedule! Whatever she needs to feel safe inside!

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted to add another picture. I am so very proud of the progress I have made with Ruby! She comes in throughout the day and plays with the cat toys and sometimes sleeps. It is starting to get very hot here so she likes coming in to a cool house. I am trying to keep her in more and more but she still keeps her eyes on that front door almost wanting to make sure she can escape! It's only been about a month but with cats, I am working on her schedule! Whatever she needs to feel safe inside!
Glad to hear things are going well! She looks like she is REALLY comfortable in that picture! Such a pretty girl.