Update after my surgery

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I posted recently, I had quadruple by-pass surgery on 6/23.

Doing a lot better now. It's a horrendous procedure and a long recovery but I'm on my way. I go three times a week for cardio rehab therapy. It's an exercise program where you are monitored closely. 36 session program and it is just great. Caring people watch us very closely, do the exercises necessary for your procedure, and they monitor blood pressure, heart rate, etc.

I'm feeling a lot stronger now, but definitely not 100%. My surgeon said it takes approximately 6 mos. to get to 100%. Thank goodness for wonderful doctors, great therapy..

Aside from this everything else is good. Kitties are doing well. Hurricane Charlie is growing by leaps and bounds and constantly terrorizes Angel and Tippy. They're getting too old to deal with an 8 mos. old dynamo.

Will keep you posted.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi - We never made contact, I don't think.  But I'm happy to hear you are on the mend.  That's a heck of operation, and to be moving along with your recovery so well must be a feeling like conquering Mt. Everest.  And here I've been complaining over hot flashes.  Shame on me.

I bet your kitties are happy to have you well. 

Thoughts & prayers to you and your family.

Warm regards - Hope & mt gal Chestnut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi - We never made contact, I don't think.  But I'm happy to hear you are on the mend.  That's a heck of operation, and to be moving along with your recovery so well must be a feeling like conquering Mt. Everest.  And here I've been complaining over hot flashes.  Shame on me.

I bet your kitties are happy to have you well. 

Thoughts & prayers to you and your family.

Warm regards - Hope & mt gal Chestnut
Nice to meet you. And thank you for your kind words. I love the description of Conquering Mt. Everest. Certainly true. So glad this procedure is over with. Just moving on and grateful for everything.

Thanks again - and look forward to heqring from you.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice meeting you as well.

I had a dear friend go in for heart surgery, it was his 4th since a young boy, but being 51 now it was more critical.  I believe they had to clean up his valves and added the contraption that detects trouble.  Sorry, but the name escapes me right now.  My brain is fried, we've been getting Florida weather and this heat and humidity are taking it's toll.

I hope you are able to hunker down for the weather headed your way.

Pleasure chatting.

Hope