Unsure if my cat will be okay? (Too much medicine)

Razzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I gave my cat some ear mites medicine, but I misread the directions and accidentally gave her a bit too much at once.
I didn't realize it was so bad until she vomited, then I panicked and contacted my vet.
I was instructed to give her a bath with basic dishwasher soap and wipe any part of her skin or fur that it touched outside her ear.
Since I did this I'm hoping she'll be okay, but her ears are still really sensitive (she keeps flicking them) and she seems to have her eyes shut most of the time.
She's usually running around playing, so seeing her constantly lying down with her eyes shut worries me.
What should I watch out for in case I need to take her to the local emergency vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Razzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What kind of ear mite medicine did you use? How much? How old/big is she?
Harts, five drops into each ear, and she is around 7.3 pounds, unsure how old she is. (Seems young?)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That appears to be the recommended dosage for her weight.

Now, Hartz isn't really recommended as it tends to be overly toxic, but ear mite meds are external and not usually placed where the cat can lick it off, so there should be fewer reactions. Since you washed most of it off I think she should be fine.

How is she acting now?

If she isn't eating or seems sick, call the vet right away tomorrow. Even if she's fine, it would be good to get her in for a vet visit soon, to get rid of any parasites she might still have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Razzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That appears to be the recommended dosage for her weight.

Now, Hartz isn't really recommended as it tends to be overly toxic, but ear mite meds are external and not usually placed where the cat can lick it off, so there should be fewer reactions. Since you washed most of it off I think she should be fine.

How is she acting now?

If she isn't eating or seems sick, call the vet right away tomorrow. Even if she's fine, it would be good to get her in for a vet visit soon, to get rid of any parasites she might still have.
I've been told by you and a second person that Harts is bad so dang, I wish I had gotten that memo sooner!
She's still recovering it seems as she isn't her usual playful self, but despite that she's still shown significant improvement compared to Friday.
Her ears are much better, and she hasn't vomited or acted overly lethargic either.