Unemployment Insurance Fraud (Pandemic Emergency Unemployment) is Greatly on the Rise.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I want to warn everyone that Unemployment Fraud (PEU benefits) is on the rise nationwide and in some states it is at an epic levels.

Someone is trying to collect PEU benefits under my deceased love one's name. They got a hold of SS# from a data breach and they are committing this fraud.

Please tell everyone you know about this--keep them aware that this has been going on for a while and is getting worse each day. Check that you or a elderly loved ones are not victims of this crime. Please also check for deceased loved ones. It is easier for them to do this to the deceased. They are resurrecting deceased loved ones SS#'s, even if you did everything right by submitting death certificate to all Gov't Agencies and institutions right after your loved one's death, these Fraudsters are successful collecting benefits from deceased people. Check with other Gov't agencies as well. Make sure that this is not happening.

Be vigilant and stay safe.🙂
What to do if you are a victim of unemployment fraud

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This happened to me, fortunately I think I caught it early. I got a letter in the mail with my temporary password for the unemployment website, probably an oversight on the part of the person who did this. I reported it online on the state unemployment website. Someone has my Social Security number though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
This happened to me, fortunately I think I caught it early. I got a letter in the mail with my temporary password for the unemployment website, probably an oversight on the part of the person who did this. I reported it online on the state unemployment website. Someone has my Social Security number though.
Thank goodness you caught in time. Stay vigilant. This identity theft is getting out of hand. I hope they catch the culprits behind this soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I want to warn everyone that Unemployment Fraud (PEU benefits) is on the rise nationwide and in some states it is at an epic levels.

Someone is trying to collect PEU benefits under my deceased love one's name. They got a hold of SS# from a data breach and they are committing this fraud.

Please tell everyone you know about this--keep them aware that this has been going on for a while and is getting worse each day. Check that you or a elderly loved ones are not victims of this crime. Please also check for deceased loved ones. It is easier for them to do this to the deceased. They are resurrecting deceased loved ones SS#'s, even if you did everything right by submitting death certificate to all Gov't Agencies and institutions right after your loved one's death, these Fraudsters are successful collecting benefits from deceased people. Check with other Gov't agencies as well. Make sure that this is not happening.

Be vigilant and stay safe.🙂
What to do if you are a victim of unemployment fraud
TYSM. Sharing that to socials.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Just a reminder to all if you are the victim of identity theft/fraud, after you contact the appropriate companies/agencies don't forget to leave a fraud report with the Federal Trade Commission. They submits reports to law enforcement and can keep records and statistics of of ID theft crimes. They may be helpful in this way. They also offer tips on dealing with Identity Theft. Don't hesitate to contact them should you become a victim of this growing crime.