Ugh, Scammers!

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of my dog friends is looking for a new puppy to add to her breeding program. She doesn't have the internet at home (she lives out in the county) so she asked me to post an ad for her to get some feelers. 

The ad I posted clearly stated exactly what she wanted (Standard Longhair Dachshund Female) and that she shows, trials, works and breeds her dogs. Almost immediately I got a response, a quick google search of the email address showed that the person was either a miller or a scammer but I decided to have some fun with it and play along. I finally got him to send me a picture of the puppy in question, he said it was a 17 week old standard longhair female, the picture he sent me was of a puppy that was about 8 weeks old, miniature, most likely a mix, smooth haired, and..... a boy. 

I got another email a few minutes ago, same type of initial response to the ad ("are you still looking?"). I responded just in case but I have a feeling I'm going to be dealing with scammers to no end with this. Thank god it's me doing it and not her, she'd probably get roped in. 

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief, some people have strange ways to occupy their time. I hope your friend finds the right puppy soon so you will not have to deal with scammers.