TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
download (15).jpg

download (14).jpg
download (3).jpg
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

I currently have a 6 year old cat that we brought in at one year old and a 13 year old cat that we bought in as a kitten adn we just lost two elderly cats in the last six months. so we're bringing in these two fuzzballs somewhat unexpectedly as in we didn't know we were kitten hunting as of saturday.. and it's been a long time since we last had kittens. I'm experienced in general with cats and kittens.. but it's been so long.. wouldn't mind some tips and pointers as a refresher for things we need. if there is a good website that isn't full of the clickbait and the like wouldn't mind being pointed to it. also looking for things I need. anyone know of any failsafe kitten toys food litter bedding.. that's all stuff that changes year to year as to what is best. we get the babies on thursday so we have til then to kitten proof and supply their temp quarters. its possible one of them is a very mild case of CH (he has a janky gait when he first wakes up with no explanation being found medically (quite sure no brain scans) so dunno if there is anything further we need to be looking at for him. also if anyone is struck with a name being appropriate for either one tell me about it lol.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Prepare yourself for two years of continuous rips. With two kittens, it's not rips x2. It's rips squared! Should be entertaining.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Prepare yourself for two years of continuous rips. With two kittens, it's not rips x2. It's rips squared! Should be entertaining.

atm they're confined to the kitten room which has cork flooring and mostly soft furniture. they're still literally bouncing off walls. we bought some more carpet to put in there. kinda terrified to introduce them to the rest of the house. our house is all hard wood with a lot of high things. they're so spazzy. adorable to watch but kind of terrifying as over protective kitteh parent. we def need to put some netting up over the stair rails before letting them have full access. we may end up spending most of the summer in the basement with them lol. let the bigger cats come down and just stay down there til they are a little calmer.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your two lovely kittens, both are absolutely adorable! :cutecat:Regarding advice on what you will need for them I thought a few of these TCS Articles might have some helpful information for you:
13 Practical Ways to Kitten-Proof Your Home - TheCatSite
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House - TheCatSite
New Cat Checklist: What You Need To Get Before Bringing Kitty Home - TheCatSite

As for names, since they are mischievous as expected for kittens, maybe Bonnie & Clyde, depending if one is male and the other female.

Last edited: