Two Litters In Same Box

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive recently started fostering pregnant cats. I have two at the moment. One gave birth to 4 8 days ago, the other gave birth to 4 last night. They have been moving them to the same box, which i read was okay, so i moved them to a larger box, because they were all on top of eachother and i was worried they might hurt the newborns. They immediately freaked out and moved one back to the smaller box that i had in the corner. The corner is between two dresser, and the larger box wont fit. I removed thw smaller one, and moved them back to the larger one, and the newest mother took the otgers kitten and ran back to the corner with it, even without the box. Should i let them stay in the smaller box? Will they get hurt? Its about a foot and a half by two feet, and it looks extremely cramped in there, but they dont want to be moved from the corner, and it wont fit a bigger box.
Should i leave them all together and hope they dont get crushed? Is it even likely that they will get hurt? I domt want the older kittens to crawl over the little ones and hurt them either.
Any info on what i should do will be great!
Uploaded pic with just one cat and all the babies inside.
1534305308005922603778.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should move the litters into separate rooms until they are older. The older kittens are a danger to the younger ones right now.

Are the kittens all gaining well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I left them in the box last night, because i did move them rooms, and the younger ones mom moved the babies to the door of the room and when i opened the door to check on them i almost stepped on them. They have been fine all day, and the other kittens were snuggling with them. Both mom cats seemed happy, and when I tried to move them again this morning they freaked out again. They've been together all day, and have been pretty good. They are all great, born healthy and they all wiggle around. They older ones eyes are open and they are starting to walk great.