Two Gone This Year :((((

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I lost my old boy Hobbs earlier this year. He was 18 and just gave out. Me and his mommy Jenny were with him the last three hours before he crossed the bridge. But tonight my 13 year old girl Angel fell from the top of a half wall and hit a shelf on the way down. She had internal bleeding, and though we tried everything at the hospital to save her, God called her to cross rainbrown bridge to be with Hobbs and Gracie. I am heart broken and there is a void a mile wide in my heart. She leaves behind her younger brothers, Oscar and Salem. And a little lap dog, tucker. She died by accident. She coded three times but we couldn’t save her, despite adrenaline shots right to her little heart. Me and Jenny are heartbroken. I’m grieving the loss of A family member to me. I love my angel and already miss her beyond what words can describe. I’m drinking to numb this pain. I love you angel and will see you again sometime. But mine and Jenny’s hearts are broken. You didnt care much for the other cats and tucker dog, but you always loved mommy and daddy and other people. I miss you terribly already. RIP SWEETHEART. I love you ❤❤❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it hurts so bad to lose those we love so very much. To lose two so close is unimaginable. My heart goes out to you, they mean so very in our lives that the emptiness it brings is overwhelming.
The pain you are feeling is equal to the love you held for that sweet little girl, and is devastating to an already broken heart.
Grieving is a normal reaction to loss, we all must learn to live through it. But we don't have to let it rule our lives. Life is meant to be lived joyously and loving those we open our hearts to. Just as Hobbs, Gracie and Angel did. As cats they lived for each day as it came. Happy to be alive, happy to be with those they loved. Just as all of us must do again if we are to be truly alive. And that takes time. Time is the only thing that softens the sharp edges of grief, it helps us to arrange a new life order,to learn to get through the pain and how to manage it.
You know in your heart that Angel would never want to be a reason to bring pain into your life. She loves you too much for that. Love is spiritual, so eternal. It wants only sunshine and happiness for those we choose to let in our hearts, because that is what love is. Just as you would want for those left behind, she also wants for you.
The bond of love that ties all their tiny souls to your own can never be taken from you. They are all a part of your very being. Even though they must now follow a new path, it will forever be alongside your own. Until the day it crosses once more.
Angel will forever be close, sending love, sending comfort. Allow yourself to accept that love and to allow it to bloom, to grow, don't hide it away in a dark and cold place where it will wither and grow weak from grieving. Honor her name by passing on and sharing what she so freely gave, her love. The 'essence', the spirit of dear Angel will be with you always, because that is something that will never die.
My condolences on your loss, my joy in that you have known such love. You are so fortunate to have had them in your life, you have a treasure beyond compare.
Take care of yourself, you have other babies who depend on you, who are grieving with you. Love them as long as you can, it is never long enough........RIP precious Angel. You will forever hold a secure place in a loving heart, you will never be forgotten. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a lovely and thoughtful post. Thank you so much.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are very welcome. I know the pain of loss too well, we all need someone to acknowledge that pain and to let them know it will get better. We will never get over it, but learn to live through it. You will be blessed for so much love.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m drinking to numb this pain.
You're doing what I'd been doing when I lost my cat a bit more than a year ago.
I hadn't been touching a drop for years, but when she left me I thought to drink something to keep my mind lighter.

I'm sorry you had to face this unbearable pain twice at such a short distance in time, no wonder that your heart is shattered.
Hobbs and Gracie are together again and don't want you to feel so sad. Look up there and smile at them, they will look over you always, until one day you'll be able to hug in an eternal embrace.

RIP Hobbs, RIP Gracie, you will be deeply missed!

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're doing what I'd been doing when I lost my cat a bit more than a year ago.
I hadn't been touching a drop for years, but when she left me I thought to drink something to keep my mind lighter.

I'm sorry you had to face this unbearable pain twice at such a short distance in time, no wonder that your heart is shattered.
Hobbs and Gracie are together again and don't want you to feel so sad. Look up there and smile at them, they will look over you always, until one day you'll be able to hug in an eternal embrace.

RIP Hobbs, RIP Gracie, you will be deeply missed!
Thank you so much Antonio for taking the time to read my post and share in this loss. We all love our cats like they are our children. It is good to share with people who all know how we feel.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your losses and how terrible this way to have to see and witness this tragic ending, I am so sorry.

When I am stressed and have felt very upset and on edge about losing our little friends I take an herb called Holy Basil, it just keeps you calmer, doesn't dope you up or make you drowsy, it just gives you mental clarity to be able to deal with the immense stress and it really works. I understand you want to escape the pain and stress but this I know is much healthier than a bottle, I know I've been there too, just sayin.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your huge losses, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your losses. I lost both of my boys within 2 months of each other at the end of 2017. We are never ready, regardless of age, or how they leave us to cross the bridge. Sending heart-healing vibes your way. :grouphug::heartshape:

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your losses and how terrible this way to have to see and witness this tragic ending, I am so sorry.

When I am stressed and have felt very upset and on edge about losing our little friends I take an herb called Holy Basil, it just keeps you calmer, doesn't dope you up or make you drowsy, it just gives you mental clarity to be able to deal with the immense stress and it really works. I understand you want to escape the pain and stress but this I know is much healthier than a bottle, I know I've been there too, just sayin.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your huge losses, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you Les for taking the time to read my post and respond. I really like that quote. Yeah, drinking is not the answer. I'm not usually like that. But one to calm the nerves, led to too many. I actually feel the loss of Angel even more since the night this happened. Just feeling down. This was such a terrible accident. But I know that she has crossed Rainbow Bridge and Ill see her again some time, along with all the fur children I have lost over the years. Bless you.

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your losses. I lost both of my boys within 2 months of each other at the end of 2017. We are never ready, regardless of age, or how they leave us to cross the bridge. Sending heart-healing vibes your way. :grouphug::heartshape:
Thanks Tara for your thoughtful response. I am sorry for your loss, and being so close together; yes that's a lot to overcome. I once read that the amount of grief we suffer at the loss of a loved one, is equal to the amount of love we had for our departed. That certainly feels true. But having been through this before with people and fur children, I know that time does its healing work too. Bless you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Angel, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I ache for you and Jenny. To lose two so close together is just gut-wrenching. Angel knew she was loved, and she knows how hard you fought for her. Do remember this...Love does not die. It only changes form, and then goes on, still Love, still with us. Love abides, and Angel is with you still.