Two Calico 1 Yr Old Cats Needing New Home

erinmariee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These two cats are so loving and friendly I really hate to get rid of them. I recently moved and I can't bring them with me. They are currently staying with a friend who is allergic to cats (go figure.) Their names are Raina and Cloud, both female sisters.
Only Serious Inquiries

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@erinmariee  I doubt you'll have much luck finding a home for these cats here. We're an international site and most of our members already have all the cats they want or can afford. If you let us know which city or state you are in we might be able to suggest some No Kill shelters you could try and give you some guidelines for safe adoption.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erinmariee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I did not realize that. I live in Lima, Ohio.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This article has guidelines for finding homes for kittens, but most of the issues mentioned here apply to adult cats as well.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/kittens-to-good-homes

It would be so much better if you could find a home for your cats, rather than letting them go to a shelter. Even the best No Kill shelter is a scary place for a cat, so I'd suggest that you keep that as a last resort.

I've found that it's much easier to re-home cats if they've had blood tests to check for FIV and FIL, you need the blood test certificates to show the new adopters, are up to date on their vaccinations and have been spayed or neutered. Make sure you have all the vets documents to prove this too.

Is your friend willing to look after your cats until you find a new home or do they need to be re-homed quickly?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erinmariee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They need to be rehomed within a months time. They have never been to the vet for anything.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You'll need to get them spayed and vaccinated, even if you do end up surrendering them to a shelter. Shelters will either refuse to accept them or will charge you to do the vaccines and surgery themselves.

Google low cost spay and neuter clinics in your area and see if you can get them an appointment this week, they'll will have recovered from the surgery and be ready to adopt within a month.