Twin Brother Slighty Allefgic To Cats .

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,i care for my twin brother we have 4 cats ,he has been having trouble breathing for a few months .
Been on steroids and antibiotics 5 or 6 times .
Went to the hospital today and he had a skin test ,the test showed he is slighty allergic to cats .
But the histamine the nurse used as a control produced a bigger welt .
We should be able to keep the little sods ,once they sort out the right inhaler for him .
As any one else been in the same situation?.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm allergic also. I take a daily medication, and use eye drops and nasal spray as needed. Also, I have an inhaler if needed. Last, I purchased an air purifier with a special pet filter in it. That has really helped a lot!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Having cats and being allergic really comes down to a good routine. Both with your own health and having medications on hand (noise spray or pills daily along with Benadryl for those bad days) and with keeping a home cleaning routine. Air purifiers can help with keeping allergens out of the air. Regular changing the bedding, vacuuming, cleaning curtains and furniture will help reduce allgerens on the surfaces. Brushing the cats and maybe monthly baths will help with them directly. Reactions to specific cats does get better with time and constant exposure. There are a lot of us with cat allergies who make it work.