Tux: The Sweetest And Most Loving Lap Cat Ever

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tux was a stray and lived most of his life outdoors. He came in for TNR but won the hearts of staff members and volunteers and is now up for adoption. He’s been special to me since the beginning. The first day i met him was the day after my grandpa passed away. I needed some love and cuddles, and it was like he knew that. And afterwards, I felt so much better.

He greets you with a headbutt before he rubs his face on you. Then he likes to sit in your lap and purr purr purr purr while you give him pets. If you stop petting him, he will make his displeasure known by meowing or headbutting you. And he never can get enough cuddles

I can’t adopt him until i move out, around the spring time. But the soonest moment i can adopt him, if he’s still available I’m going to adopt him before the ink of my lease is dry. i would adopt him

Behaviorally, he would be fantastic as a therapy cat. No matter how stressed, sad, angry, lonely, etc I am, give me 20 minutes with Tuxie in my lap and I ALWAYS feel better. As someone who struggles with depression, this is HUGE because he helps me. I'm going to be moving int the next few months so if by some reason he is still here I am going to adopt him literally right after signing the lease or purchase papers. He's a lap cat, oh yes 100%. Whenever I get up to leave he sad meows which melts me and then I stay longer. Or if he's on his cat perch and I get up to leave, he will put his paw on me and go "Mreowwwww" like he's saying "STAY!" When I do need to go, I have to essentially shut the cage door in his face and walk away without looking back so I don't feel worse about it. When he's in your lap, he likes head scratches and will respond with purrs, air biscuits, and by looking at you lovingly.

I think he hasn’t been adopted because he’s 6 and is FIV which is really not a huge deal. Cats with FIV can live normal lifetimes. It’s the cat version of HIV and people with HIV life just slightly less than the average of 78 years.

Here are some pictures and videos.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tux is indeed very handsome and his personality shines through. :bicolorcat: My best wishes to you for the New Year! I hope you are able to move into your own apartment with a beautiful tuxedo cat by your side. Fingers and paws crossed for both of you. :crossfingers: :bluepaw: