turkish angora mix?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely! Does her breed resemblance affect your interest in adopting her, or are you just curious?

I would describe her as a gold-eyed white domestic shorthair. I agree with you that her tail is a good clue that she is shorthaired, rather than longhaired.

The Turkish Angora is a longhaired breed that comes in most colors (not only white). I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to the Turkish Angora in these pictures. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less gorgeous or special... domestic shorthairs are great cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does actually. Our local SPCA if put her as Angora mix, means I will need to fork out $200 under pedigree category. If local domestic breed is $80-$100. At 3mths, they seldom do spaying here. So I will fork out additional cost for spaying. Well I have the night to thin

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps they want to make extra revenue to support their shelter by assigning her to a breed mix.
Yes. So if you want to support the shelter, why not. Even if it were more nice if you payed the usual adoption fee, and donated some extra becaise of your good heart.

IF they demand the extra money because she is a purebred although pet quality, its a scam. Unless they do have suitable papers on it.

I mean, its common shelters put fancy labels on their cats as soon they are somewhat look alike to an established breed, to help them find adoption homes. I dont have no quarrells with this - As long as they take the usual adoption fee as for all the others moggies, whom arent no look alikes.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lovely girl! Incredible eyes!
I don't think there's any way of knowing what's in the mix. We live in turkey and minish is guessed as turkish angora or turkish van although she's pretty much a domestic shorthair with delicate paws. White cats are usually flattered that way although it's sort of positive racism :)