Tummy Issues

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all! I've noticed since Friday night (it's Sunday night), my Suki has some liquid poops. It's like squirting out loud sounds.. poor thing!!!! She is eating fine. She is drinking fine. She is still playing. I got her some fortiflora. Not sure if that will help. I'm going to get her some pumpkin tomorrow.
If your cat had squirty liquid poo, how many days would you wait before taking her to the vet?
She is extremely uncooperative at the vet. Of course that won't stop me from taking her, but I'd like to know what yall would do. I don't want to rush to the vet if it's unnecessary. Picture for attention lol.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh and I should probably add.. She eats purina pro plan for sensitive stomach. (She had to take quite a bit of antibiotics when she was a kitten which was irritating for her tummy so that's what I've stuck with ever since).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi,
I wouldn't wait very long. Can you determine anything that caused this? Dies she go outside? Is her water filtered?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one with a sensitive tummy and have had to deal with this. He's on rx food and we add in a probiotic and saccharomyces boulardii to his wet food to keep his tummy happy. When it's really bad, we get Metronidazole and Cerenia from the vet. The metro helps the diarrhea and super runny poops and the Cerenia helps settle his tummy.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I wouldn't wait very long. Can you determine anything that caused this? Dies she go outside? Is her water filtered?
I have no idea what is causing it. I give her bottled ozarka water.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
She doesn't go outside. I do open a window for her.

*ozarka spring water

Last edited by a moderator:

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made her an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. It is so frustrating.. she is a problem at the vet. The doctor prescribed gabapentin for her to take before her appointment so she will be calm.