Trying To Introduce A Kitten

Littlemissbex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
26E2546B-4281-44F3-AA83-2632132B0162.jpeg
Hi all!

We’ve had Morocha for 4.5 years - she came to us when she was about 6-months old as a stray. She’s quiet and pretty calm but I got the impression she got bored during the day while I’m at work so thought it would be a good idea to get her a friend...

Ceniza is a 2-month old male. He’s super confident and afraid of nothing.

He’s in his own room. I’ve been trying to do scent swaps but she isn’t interested and will sniff for a second then walk of. I’ve tried putting her favourite good next to the door where he is but she won’t eat it. Every time she gets a glimpse of him she hisses and growls, but doesn’t go any closer to him. I’ve got a feliway friends plugged in near where she sleeps but don’t see effect yet. What else can I do to help them get along? I’m so worried that she won’t accept him and i’ll need to find him a new home

Ps - were 8 days in. She’s fixed, he’s too little

Thanks!
Rebecca

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ceniza is such a cute little guy! The good thing is that it’s usually easier to introduce a kitten to an adult cat than it is two adult cats. Introductions will take some time and patience in either case, though, as cats are territorial by nature. Here’s an article that describes the introduction process: How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

I hope this helps! Keep us updated! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Littlemissbex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
847F4D53-3CAA-42C4-A280-C7B29CF80FAB.jpeg Thanks for the guide Abyeb

So another 3 days have passed. She’s still not really interested in scent swapping, not is she particularly interested in going in ‘his’ room. She can definitely hear him but doesn’t go up to the door.

We’ve tried leaving the door between them open a little - she comes upto it and hisses a few times before eventually (15 mins?) walking away. Luckily he doesn’t seem too bothered by her

Feel like we’re not making much progress...