Trouble with the SPOILER function

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I tried to use the spoiler function, nothing showed up. I examined the entry before I posted and I noticed that there is some punctuation inconsistency.

Two brackets - like this ][ - need to be inserted after the equals sign to make it work. Without those brackets you get nothing. Can this be corrected?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Testing the spoiler function.
Is there a bug?

Second try.
Is this buggy?

Attempt without a title.
No title.

Not using dropdown, just typing.

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond It seems to be working fine for me. :dunno:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried it several times and previewed it on this thread when I first posted. Nothing was there, the same way as when I posted a spoiler on the December book club thread. I had to insert the two brackets or it would not work. I'll try again.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
There should be a spoiler beneath my last reply. I'll try again and insert the two brackets.

["Spoiler"]

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
That worked. Maybe we are doing it differently. I am using the 12th icon on the bar above the message. I click on it and go to Spoiler. A box appears and I type my message in, hit Continue and the spoiler is inserted in the message box. Is that how you are doing it?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You can also do it by typing your message, using the mouse to highlight the part of the text you want to hide and then selecting Spoiler from the tool bar.

Like this :)

You only need to type something in the box if you want your spoiler to have a title.

Like this :eek2:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That worked. Maybe we are doing it differently. I am using the 12th icon on the bar above the message. I click on it and go to Spoiler. A box appears and I type my message in, hit Continue and the spoiler is inserted in the message box. Is that how you are doing it?
I tried it a couple of ways, using the toolbar or typing the tags myself, adding a spoiler title or leaving it without a title. Everything worked. I think the site sometimes hiccups.