Tresaderm

Leslieh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat henry always has itchy ears due to allergies but they suddenly got worse. Vet visit confirmed bacteria/yeast in ears. After a couple days henry is a little lethargic and extra thirsty. Anyone else have this experience? Ive also read that other people have had their pets experience hearing loss from this product.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thirst is certainly one of the more common side effects. The lethargy...I'd call the vet on that one. It could be, I suppose, that he's relaxing for the first time since he started itching, but I'd want to confirm that, one way or another. From what I am seeing, Tresaderm should not cause hearing loss, and if your cat suffers it, you are to quit using it and call the vet immediately. This sounds like it might have happened, but so seldom that it is considered very rare, or even unique.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leslieh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thirst is certainly one of the more common side effects. The lethargy...I'd call the vet on that one. It could be, I suppose, that he's relaxing for the first time since he started itching, but I'd want to confirm that, one way or another. From what I am seeing, Tresaderm should not cause hearing loss, and if your cat suffers it, you are to quit using it and call the vet immediately. This sounds like it might have happened, but so seldom that it is considered very rare, or even unique.
Thank you I have already requested diffetent med from the vet.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Excellent. Holler if you need us again. And...stick around, read some of the social forum's threads. Relax, make yourself at home. You are VERY welcome here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leslieh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I have already requested diffetent med from the vet.
Thank you...I've used this site before. I became attached to henry..he was a feral cat...fed him outside for 2 years. Knew I had to give him a home. Managed to catch him in a cat carrier. Took him right to my vet for tests shots and neuter. Wondergful people on this site advised on how to keep him in a small room with food water litter etc. He stayed in one room for 5 months happy as a clam. I'd sit with him and play classical music for him. One nite he let me pet him! Now 5 years later he is the same as any other house cat. You CAN make a feral cat your best friend. As far as his ears go vet changed his medication to baytril...only have to give once a day which is good as henry hates it and is avoiding me like the plague.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are right. Almost every feral has the capability of becoming a loving house pet...it is entirely in the hands of the humans involved. Time and more time and MORE time and patience and more patience and MORE patience. Most people do not have that time and patience, or are unwilling to devote it to a feral. You did good. REAL GOOD!