Tooth sticking out

Wulver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

My cat's bottom tooth has all of a sudden started to stick out so much that his top lip either gets caught on it or goes under the tooth so that you can see the bottom fang over his top lip.

He's about 14 years old, always been pretty healthy and still seems pretty healthy. Still eats, still adventurous still wants constant petting etc.

Does anyone know what is going on here? It's starting to worry me and I don't have money to take him to a vet until I get paid :(

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Is he able to eat or is it causing him a problem? Even though you cannot take him to the vet until you get paid it would be a good idea to set up an appointment. Depending where you live there may possibly be a wait due to Covid. In the meantime, I thought this thread which has a similar problem with a bottom canine sticking out may be helpful for you:
My cat’s bottom canine tooth is out of his mouth

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
it sounds like perhaps that tooth is loose now and that's what is causing this issue. I imagine it needs to come out, and may fall out all on it's own. This sometimes happens in older cats (teeth falling out on their own). You might give your Vet a call and tell them what is happening and ask if it's ok to leave it alone or it they need to check it out since finances are an issue right now.