Tooth Pain?

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Night my cat chomped on a Greenie and I heard the loudest crack .
First thing I thought was she broke a tooth cracking that treat open.
Everymorning ,as a routine, she wakes me up pestering me for the greenie Bag (which she doesn't get before breakfast,btw)
But today I gave her her transdermal meds, then breakfast.
She wouldn;t touch breakfast,
I gave her a lickable Churu and she enjoyed that.
As a test I showed her the Greenie bag and she avoided it like the plague,,,won't go near the bag.
She has been pacing around the house , hopping into her bed and doing some bisquites, then hopping out .

Am I being too cautious to want to take her to be checked for a broken tooth, or shall I just wait it out? $$$$

What are the signs for tooth pain in a cat? ..and, no...she will not let me get anywhere her jaw to open it.
Any 'been there' suggestions?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As restless as she is, and not eating, I wouldn't wait :(
I couldn't agree more. :agree: Tooth pain can be excruciating not just for our felines but humans too. Anyone who has ever gone through this knows the agony. Since it's the weekend if you can get her in today that would be beneficial. Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't agree more. :agree: Tooth pain can be excruciating not just for our felines but humans too. Anyone who has ever gone through this knows the agony. Since it's the weekend if you can get her in today that would be beneficial. Please keep us updated.
Turns out there were no broken teeth from the nugget chomped on and the pain was from an ear infection.She is now being treated with antibiotics after having a good deep ear cleaning and testing. Some deep,serious Dental work will be coming up in a few weeks.
Between Baby Food,gabapentin(which I hate to give) ,and a successful trip to the vet she is perking up and on the mend!
Blood work to follow in a few weeks to see if the high globulin reading in her last bloodwork during her yearly exam a few weeks ago was cause by this ear infection.